Asked By: Elena Hansen
Date created: Thu, Apr 1, 2021 10:24 AM
Date updated: Wed, Jun 29, 2022 7:15 PM
Top best answers to the question «How to melt gold off gold plated jewelry»
- Begin by using a mildly abrasive pad to remove as much of the gold as possible…
- Once the gold is removed, you will be left with a scratched surface. To remove the scratches, use a felt cloth with Tripoli compound to buff the surface smooth.
- If the original piece was shiny, follow the Tripoli compound with jeweler’s rouge, again rubbing it onto the surface with a soft cloth.
- Wipe away any remaining polish with a soft cloth.
- If desired or needed, finish the removal process by applying a good quality silver polish.