Top best answers to the question «Where did the name tourmaline gemstone come from»
- Tourmaline is classified as a semi-precious stone and the gemstone comes in a wide variety of colors. According to the Madras Tamil Lexicon the name comes from the word "thoramalli" (තෝරමල්ලි) or "tōra- molli", which is applied to a group of gemstones found in the southern parts of the Indian Subcontinent.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Where did the name tourmaline gemstone come from?» often ask the following questions:
✨ Where did the name tourmaline birthstone come from?
- Tourmaline Birthstone Meaning & History. Tourmaline is the newer October birthstone. The name comes from the Sinhalese word toramalli, which means “stone with mixed colors,” because it often has multiple colors in one crystal.
- Where did the name topaz gemstone come from?
- Where does the name malachite gemstone come from?
- Where does the name seraphinite gemstone come from?
✨ Where did the name amazonite gemstone come from?
- Amazonite is a very ancient gemstone that’s known for its beauty and healing properties. It has been around for centuries, and it has been widely used to make statues, amulets, and jewelry. The stone’s name is derived from the largest river in South America, which is the Amazon river.
- Where does tourmaline come from?
- Where did the name of the crystal tourmaline come from?
- Where did the name of the gemstone benitoite come from?
✨ Where did the name chrysocolla gemstone come from?
- Chrysocolla Gemstone Information. Although chrysocolla may be a 'lesser known' gemstone, it is still a very fascinating stone that is highly sought-after by many avid gem and mineral enthusiasts. The name 'chrysocolla' was derived from the Greek words 'chrysos' and 'kolla' which translate as 'gold' and 'glue'.
- Where does paraiba tourmaline come from?
- Where does watermelon tourmaline come from?
- Where does peridot gemstone come from?
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Where did the name tourmaline gemstone come from?» so you can surely find the answer!Where does tanzanite gemstone come from?
Tanzanite is so rare because it is found and mined in a small area only four kilometers wide and two kilometers long at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro in the Manyara Region of Northern Tanzania.Where does thulite gemstone come from?
Thulite is known for its sparkly luster and is often mottled with white calcite. The primary source of thulite is from Norway at Tvedestrand and Leksvik in Sorlandet, Aust-Auger. Thulite also comes from North Carolina in the United States.Where does zoisite gemstone come from?
Sources of zoisite include Tanzania (tanzanite), Kenya (anyolite), Norway (thulite), Switzerland, Austria, India, Pakistan, and the U.S. state of Washington.Where does the name tourmaline come from for an engagement ring?
- The word “tourmaline” comes from the Sinhalese word turamali, meaning “stone of mixed color.” As an engagement ring stone, tourmaline goes perfectly with colorful wardrobes and personalities. In fact, in the past, some have mistaken tourmaline for other colorful gemstones.
- Traditionally, this stone has come from Paraiba, Brazil. In recent years, discoveries have been made in Mozambique and Nigeria in Africa known as Cuprian Tourmaline. The value of Cuprian tourmaline is significantly less than Paraiba but still can command prices over $10000 per carat. What are the healing properties?
- Beginning in the late 1800s, a steady stream of tourmaline discoveries have been made in the pegmatite deposits of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Since then, millions of carats of tourmaline have been produced in a wide range of colors, including much bicolor material.
- Musgravite – $6,000/carat. Discovered in 1967 in the Musgrave mountains of Australia this gemstone occurs in a few colors, most notably green and violet. It is likely that a small part of taaffeite on the market today is actually musgravite, as it is extremely hard to differentiate the two.
Larimar was first mined less than 50 years ago and is only found in one location on earth, a remote mountain region in the Dominican Republic. People are drawn, not only to the beautiful color, but also what it represents.Where does the gemstone pounamu come from?
- The principal geological source of pounamu is the South Island's alpine fault, the Island's backbone that has been slowly shifting for 135 million years. It is fondly referred to as 'the mother of greenstone' as it is the source of the rivers where pounamu is found.
- Spectrolite quarried from the rugged bedrock of Ylamaa, Finland is a precious gemstone which meets the three important basic requirements: beauty, hardness and rarity.
Zultanite is relatively new to the jewelry world (commercial production started in 2006), and is only found via one source in the world: a remote mountain area in Anatolia, Turkey. The rare gemstone is exclusively mined by Ottoman Gem (Suisse), GmbH, at the height of just above 4,000 ft.Where does the name tourmaline come from and what does it mean?
- It is what is called a “receptive stone,” which means it is soothing and calming, magnetic and spiritual, promoting meditation, wisdom and mysticism. The name tourmaline comes from the old Sinhalese word, ‘toramali’, which means mixed gems, reflecting the array of different colors that can be found in this crystal.
- Tourmaline for Sale Online. In this section you will find Tourmaline direct from the mines at Wholesale Prices. Tourmaline is a wonderful gemstone. It comes in almost every color in the rainbow and is one the brightest and most versatile gemstones available. Most Tourmaline can be found in long slender faceted stones because of the shape...
- Copper-bearing tourmaline from Mozambique was first recovered in 2001, but its Cu content was not recognized until 2003, and it was not widely sold with its Mozambique origin disclosed until 2005. It has been mined from alluvial deposits in an approximately 3 km2area near Mavuco in the eastern portion of the Alto Ligonha pegmatite district.
- Somewhere in Brazil in the 1500s, a Spanish conquistador washed the dirt from a green tourmaline crystal and confused the vibrant gem with emerald. His confusion lived on until scientists recognized tourmaline as a distinct mineral species in the 1800s.
- Paraiba Tourmaline - Neon blue, highly desirable variety of Tourmaline that originated in Paraiba, Brazil. Its interesting color is caused by inclusions of copper. Although technically the term describes only those Tourmalines from Paraiba in Brazil, the gem trade now uses it to describe any light to neon blue Tourmaline...
But the finest quality stones are to be found in the Muzo mines of Brazil and in Namibia. Namibian pink tourmaline has a very intense color. Truly fine quality tourmaline gems are rare and expensive. Pink tourmalines can range in color from soft, pale pink shades, deep hues that are vivid reddish pink, to hot pink.Where does the pink tourmaline stone come from?
- This 26.32-ct. oval pink tourmaline is from Mozambique. Trade name for pink, red, purplish red, and orangy red tourmaline. It’s not unusual for pink tourmalines to have eye-visible inclusions.
- Tourmaline is extremely popular among collectors and is a well-known gemstone. It is the most multicolored mineral type known, occurring in virtually every color of the spectrum. Individual stones are often multicolored and are unsurpassed in their beauty.
Tourmaline is the most colorful of all gemstones. It occurs in all colors, but pink, red, green, blue and multicolored are its most well-known gem colors. Scientifically, tourmaline is not a single mineral, but a group of minerals related in their physical and chemical properties.Where can i find a good tourmaline gemstone?
- Fine Tourmaline from the Source in Africa - Tourmalines are found in many places in the world with Brazil, Sri Lanka and of course, Africa being the top producers. Although there are plenty of gemstone deposits which contain Tourmalines, good qualities and fine colours are not often discovered among them.
Tourmaline often occurs in long thin needles densely included inside Quartz. Such material is known as Tourmalinated Quartz. Tourmalinated quartz is carved into valuable ornamental objects and figures.
Tourmaline has a variety of colors. Iron-rich tourmalines are usually black to bluish-black to deep brown, while magnesium-rich varieties are brown to yellow, and lithium-rich tourmalines are almost any color: blue, green, red, yellow, pink, etc. Rarely, it is colorless.