Which is the best definition of the word adamant?
- Top best answers to the question «Which is the best definition of the word adamant»
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Which is the best definition of the word adamant?» often ask the following questions
- Your answer
- 25 Related questions
Top best answers to the question «Which is the best definition of the word adamant»
- Definition of adamant. (Entry 1 of 2) : unshakable or insistent especially in maintaining a position or opinion : unyielding an adamant insistence on doing things his own way was adamant about making the change. adamant.
- See more synonyms for adamant on Thesaurus.com. adjective. utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc. too hard to cut, break, or pierce.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Which is the best definition of the word adamant?» often ask the following questions:
👉 Which is the best synonym for the word adamant?
- Choose the Right Synonym for adamant. inflexible, obdurate, adamant mean unwilling to alter a predetermined course or purpose. inflexible implies rigid adherence or even slavish conformity to principle. inflexible in their demands obdurate stresses hardness of heart and insensitivity to appeals for mercy or the influence of divine grace.
- Sentence using the word adamant?
- Sentence with the word adamant?
- Example sentence using the word adamant?
👉 Which is the best definition of the word brilliant?
- She has a brilliant mind. Noun the diamond cutter set out an array of brilliants to show the various ways the diamond could be cut Recent Examples on the Web: Adjective His brilliant play in this tournament at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio was highlighted by a hole-in-one during his second round.
- What is another word for adamant?
- Is the word insist a synonym for the word adamant?
- How do you use the word adamant?
👉 Adamant definition and meaning: what does adamant mean?
An adamant is an imaginary stone of impenetrable hardness. Historically, the word applied to actual stones (and other substances) believed to be impenetrable; in the 17th century the word was used as a synonym of diamond. The noun adamant comes from a Latin word meaning "material of extreme hardness, diamond."
- What is a sentence with the word adamant?
- What part of speech is the word adamant?
- Which is the best definition of anglesite?
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «Which is the best definition of the word adamant?» so you can surely find the answer!
Which is the best definition of bayldonite?
- Definition of bayldonite. : a mineral (Cu,Pb)2(AsO4)(OH) consisting of a lead copper arsenate and occurring in mammillary green masses.
Which is the best definition of bytownite?
- Definition of bytownite. : a plagioclase feldspar consisting of 10 to 30 percent albite and 90 to 70 percent anorthite. You must — there are over 200,000 words in our free online dictionary, but you are looking for one that’s only in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary.
Can you give a sentence with a word adamant?
They were adamant about receiving an answer to their question, because their entire grade depended on it.
Can you write a sentence with the word adamant?
The old Republican is adamant about his/her opinions about taxes
How do use the word adamant in a sentence?
When the small goat stamped his feet, I was assured that he was quite adamant about staying in the corral.
What does the word adamant mean in greek mythology?
- Adamant and variations have been used to describe materials with incredible durability in fantasy and mythology, including "adamantine" in Greek mythology and " adamantium " in Marvel Comics. The word " adamant " is also used for people with firm, unshakeable convictions.
What word is derived from the latin for adamant?
Where does the word adamant come from in dictionary?
- Historically, the word applied to actual stones (and other substances) believed to be impenetrable; in the 17th century the word was used as a synonym of diamond. The noun adamant comes from a Latin word meaning "material of extreme hardness, diamond."
How do you use the word adamant in a sentence?
As an adjective it means stubbornly unyielding. As a noun, it means a very hard substance.The professor was adamant that none of his research go into building weapons.To convince her to let him use her car, he had to overcome her adamant refusal.
Where does the word adamant come from in greek mythology?
- Adamant in classical mythology is an archaic form of diamond. In fact, the English word diamond is ultimately derived from adamas, via Late Latin diamas and Old French diamant. In ancient Greek ἀδάμας (adamas), genitive ἀδάμαντος (adamantos), literally "unconquerable, untameable".
Which is the best definition of diamond skin disease?
- Definition of diamond-skin disease. : a mild urticarial form of swine erysipelas characterized by 4-angled red patches on the skin.
How is the word adamant different from other adjectives like it?
- How is the word adamant different from other adjectives like it? The words inflexible and obdurate are common synonyms of adamant. While all three words mean "unwilling to alter a predetermined course or purpose," adamant implies utter immovability in the face of all temptation or entreaty. adamant that the work should continue
What does the word brilliant mean definition?
Definition of brilliant (Entry 2 of 2) : a gem (such as a diamond) cut in a particular form with numerous facets so as to have special brightness or brilliance Illustration of brilliant
In runescape what is the best adamant sword?
a adamant scimitar, its fastest and best. but if you want to hit high you could use a 2-handed sword
Here we report the results of ADAMANT, a 24-month double-blinded, parallel-arm, randomized phase 2 multicenter placebo-controlled trial of AADvac1, an active peptide vaccine designed to target ...
Which is better adamant or rune in runescape?
- The armour has decent stats, despite its weight. It has an advantage because of the huge price difference compared to rune. Because of this, many people choose adamant armour over rune when they go to PvP areas.
Which is better to use adamant or vokrii?
- You should use Adamant over Vokrii if you prefer more "Vanilla-style" mods, and you should use Vokrii over Adamant if you prefer the creative and interesting approach that Enai brings to all his mods. My best advice would just be to read through the pages for both mods and see how you feel.
Which is stronger adamant equipment or mithril equipment?
- Adamant equipment is equipment stronger than mithril equipment, but weaker than rune equipment. As with all adamant items, they have a dark greenish colour. Interestingly enough, this armour is heavier than any other equipment, even rune.
Which is stronger adamant equipment or rune armour?
- Adamant equipment is equipment stronger than mithril equipment, but weaker than rune equipment. As with all adamant items, they have a dark greenish colour. Interestingly enough, this armour is heavier than any other equipment, even rune. Therefore, it is recommended to move on to rune armour as soon as possible.
Which is stronger adamant equipment or rune equipment?
- Adamant equipment are items made from adamantite metal. Adamant equipment is stronger than mithril equipment, but weaker than rune equipment. Adamant items are green-coloured. Adamant armour requires 30 Defence to wield, weapons require 30 Attack .
Where does the word adamant come from and what does it mean?
- It was in the Middle Ages, too, that adamantine hardness and the lodestone's magnetic properties became confused and combined, leading to an alternate definition in which "adamant" means magnet, falsely derived from the Latin adamare, which means to love or be attached to.
Jolly vs adamant offensive spinner excadrill, which is better?
If you're using it as a Spinner more than a physical attacker, you want Speed over Attack, so choose Jolly if that's the case. You don't want a Choice item if your …
Sentence with adamant?
your mom adamant
What are the best ways to deal with adamant kids?
- If you find your child is being adamant, talk to them without making them realize that you are annoyed with their behavior. Children may show various attitude problems, it is the responsibility of the parents to create a positive environment for the children.
What is the best adamant 1 handed weapon on runescape?
The adamant battle axe and adamant scimitar are.