Which is the correct formula for a cordierite?
- Top best answers to the question «Which is the correct formula for a cordierite»
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Which is the correct formula for a cordierite?» often ask the following questions
- Your answer
- 23 Related questions
Top best answers to the question «Which is the correct formula for a cordierite»
- Cordierite (mineralogy) or iolite (gemology) is a magnesium iron aluminium cyclosilicate. Iron is almost always present and a solid solution exists between Mg-rich cordierite and Fe-rich sekaninaite with a series formula: (Mg,Fe) 2Al 3(Si 5AlO 18) to (Fe,Mg) 2Al 3(Si 5AlO 18).
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Which is the correct formula for a cordierite?» often ask the following questions:
👉 Which is the correct chemical formula for actinolite?
- - Actinolite or Tremolite composed of tiny, interwoven, fibrous crystals that forms a tough, hairlike mass. - Form of Actinolite where the magnesium is wholly replaced by iron. Ferro-actinolite is scientifically regarded as a distinct mineral species with a chemical formula of Ca2Fe5Si8O22(OH)2
- Which is the correct chemical formula for scheelite?
- Which is the correct chemical formula for sphalerite?
- Which is the correct formula for elbaite endmember?
👉 Which is the correct chemical formula for aegirine?
- Aegirine has the chemical formula Na Fe Si 2 O 6 in which the iron is present as Fe 3+. In the aegirine-augite series the sodium is variably replaced by calcium with iron (II) and magnesium replacing the iron (III) to balance the charge.
- What is the formula for the mineral cordierite?
- Jewelry or jewellery – which is correct?
- Saphirine or sapphirine - which is correct?
👉 Which is the correct chemical formula for elbaite?
- Elbaite. Elbaite, a sodium, lithium, aluminium boro - silicate, with the chemical composition Na(Li 1.5 Al 1.5 )Al 6 Si 6 O 18 (BO 3) 3 (OH) 4, is a mineral species belonging to the six-member ring cyclosilicate tourmaline group. Elbaite forms three series, with dravite, with fluor-liddicoatite, and with schorl.
- Which is better baking steel or cordierite stone?
- Which is better for cooking cordierite or ceramic?
- Which is better for pizza stone or cordierite?
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Which is the correct formula for a cordierite?» so you can surely find the answer!
Which is better pizza stone or cordierite stone?
- Cordierite stones are not perfectly thermal shock resistant but they can handle temperature changes better than the other stones that are available in the market right now. Using pizza stones can be a little bit tricky and you have to take precautions to prevent cracks or breakages. You can use pizza stones in cooking different recipes.
Which is the best description of a cordierite?
- Definition of cordierite. : a blue mineral of vitreous luster and strong dichroism that consists of a silicate of aluminum, iron, and magnesium.
Which is the magnesium rich end of cordierite?
- Cordierite is the magnesium-rich end member, and Sekaninaite is the iron-rich end member. Pure Cordierite without any iron present is not common. Cordierite often is replaced by other minerals, especially phyllosilicates such as micas, Chlorite, and Talc.
Which is the correct antonym for brilliant?
foolish, zany, stupid, mad, tomfool, conservative, silly, typical, nonsensical, leaden, understated, unintellectual, cockeyed, dulled, subtle, unintelligent, half-baked, unimportant, unnoteworthy, cuckoo, insignificant, empty-headed, slow, unnoticeable, ignorant, ordinary, regular, sunless, vacuous, normal, nutty, ...
Which is more durable cordierite stone or ceramic stone?
- Cordierite Stones. Slightly more expensive and extremely durable, cordierite stones are built to outlast all others. Cordierite is a mineral known for its ability to handle extreme temperatures well. It’s the same material they use to make kiln shelves, and it’s thermal shock resistant.
Which is the correct name for chrysocolla chalcedony?
- The name "chrysocolla chalcedony" is appropriate if the person using the name knows that their material contains chrysocolla. The name "gem silica chrysocolla" is a misnomer because chrysocolla is not the primary constituent. "Gem silica" is the most appropriate name.
Which is the correct spelling barite or baryte?
- This mineral has always been spelled "Barite" in the United States. In the United Kingdom, the spelling has traditionally been "Baryte." The IMA originally referenced this mineral as "Barite," but then changed its spelling to "Baryte" many years later.
Which is the correct spelling baryte or barite?
- The name baryte is derived from the Ancient Greek: βαρύς, romanized: barús, 'heavy'. The American spelling is barite. The International Mineralogical Association initially adopted "barite" as the official spelling, but recommended adopting the older "baryte" spelling later.
Which is the correct spelling fluorapatite or fluorophosphate?
- Fluorescent and phosphorescent. Fluorapatite, often with the alternate spelling of fluoroapatite, is a phosphate mineral with the formula Ca 5 (PO 4) 3 F (calcium fluorophosphate). Fluorapatite is a hard crystalline solid.
Which is the correct spelling fluoroapatite or fluorapatite?
- Fluorapatite, often with the alternate spelling of fluoroapatite, is a phosphate mineral with the formula Ca5(PO4)3F (calcium fluorophosphate). Fluorapatite is a hard crystalline solid.
Which is the correct spelling jewellery or gold?
- For the noun referring to articles, especially of gold, silver, or precious stones, used for personal adornment, jewelry is the preferred spelling in American English. Jewellery is preferred in varieties of English from outside North America.
Which is the correct spelling phenacite or phenakite?
- Although the spelling phenacite has been used in the past, the approved spelling is phenakite. Phenakite Group. Visit gemdat.org for gemological information about Phenakite.
Which is the correct term for hardstone carving?
- Hardstone carving is sometimes referred to by the Italian term pietre dure; however, pietra dura (with an "a") is the common term used for stone inlay work, which causes some confusion.
Which is the correct way to translate langgan?
- The Shanhaijing translator Anne Birrell exemplifies the difficulties of translating the word langgan in three ways: "pearl-like gems", "red jade", and "precious gem [tree]".
Which is the most sensitive formula for malachite?
- Malachite Information Data Value Name Malachite Heat Sensitivity Very sensitive Formula Cu 2 CO 3 (OH) 2 Etymology From the Ancient Greek malache for mallo ... 21 more rows ...
Which is the correct balance between anorthite and mullite?
- For example, within the CaO-Al 2 O 3 -SiO 2 field, the crystallization of mullite versus anorthite depends upon the balance between Al 2 O 3 and CaO ( Fig. 2.16) ( Alekseev & Vereshchagin, 1997; Ehlers, 1972; Osborn & Muan, 1960 ). The CaO-SiO 2 -Al 2 O 3 system has several eutectics in the 1200–1300°C range.
Which is the correct color for a diamond ring?
- And that’s before mounting that can also help disguise the color (p.s. the diamond on the left is E color and the one on the right is D). True, when most people think of a diamond (or diamond engagement ring) the following image comes to mind: Beautiful crystal clear colorless diamonds.
Is cordierite a cyclosilicate?
Cordierite (mineralogy) or iolite (gemology) is a magnesium iron aluminium cyclosilicate… A high-temperature polymorph exists, indialite, which is isostructural with beryl and has a random distribution of Al in the (Si,Al)6O18 rings.
Is cordierite a mineral?
The structure of cordierite and indialite is somewhat similar to that of beryl. Microporous cordierite (and beryl) may contain some molecular N 2 (Bebout et al,. 2016). HT- and LP-cordierites characterize in potassium admixtures and are characteristic of pyrometamorphic rocks (e.g., Schreyer et al., 1990).
Is cordierite a pleochroic?
The cordierite is twinned (and in XP looks a lot like plagioclase) and contains pleochoric halos around zircon inclusions. The halos appear as "burn" marks in PP light… It is pleochroic, with color ranging from light pink to light green.
Is cordierite a quartz?
Quartz is similar to untwinned cordierite but quartz is uniaxial (+). Cordierite often is slightly to completely altered, giving it a hazy or scuzzy appearrance; quartz does not alter.
What does cordierite mean?
: a blue mineral of vitreous luster and strong dichroism that consists of a silicate of aluminum, iron, and magnesium.
What mineral is cordierite?
Cordierite (mineralogy) or iolite (gemology) is a magnesium iron aluminium cyclosilicate. Iron is almost always present and a solid solution exists between Mg-rich cordierite and Fe-rich sekaninaite with a series formula: (Mg,Fe)2Al3(Si5AlO18) to (Fe,Mg)2Al3(Si5AlO18).