Which is the most common member of the xenotime group?
- Top best answers to the question «Which is the most common member of the xenotime group»
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Which is the most common member of the xenotime group?» often ask the following questions
- Your answer
- 23 Related questions
Top best answers to the question «Which is the most common member of the xenotime group»
- The term is generally used to describe the most common member of the group, Xenotime- (Y), which is the yttrium phosphate end member of this series . Other, rarer members of the Xenotime series include Xenotime- (Yb), Cherovite, and Wakefieldite.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Which is the most common member of the xenotime group?» often ask the following questions:
👉 Which is the most abundant lanthanide in xenotime?
- Dysprosium is usually the most abundant of the even-numbered heavies, and holmium is the most abundant of the odd-numbered heavies. The lightest lanthanides are generally better represented in monazite while the heaviest lanthanides are in xenotime.
- Which is an end member of the oligoclase group?
- Which is the end member of the variscite group?
- Which is the principal member of the eudialyte group?
👉 Which birthstone is the most common?
Rock crystal is the most common birthstone of all.
- Which is the rarest member of the tourmaline group?
- Which is the only ti member of the titanite group?
- Which is the most common color in morganite?
👉 What mineral group is xenotime in?
The xenotime Mineral Series
Xenotime describes a group of several closely related phosphates, arsenates, and vanadates composed of rare earth elements. The term is generally used to describe the most common member of the group, Xenotime-(Y), which is the yttrium phosphate end member of this series.
- Which is the most common color of amblygonite?
- Which is the most common color of datolite?
- Which is the most common color of dumortierite?
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Which is the most common member of the xenotime group?» so you can surely find the answer!
Which is the most common color of morganite?
- Enhancements. Although violet and peach are possible morganite colors, the most common and preferred color is pink. Heat and light will remove the yellow component from peach beryl, so it’s often heated to get “pinker” stones.
Which is the most common color of orthoclase?
- It can form on most granites and pegmatites, as well as being one of the main chemical components of Moonstone. The most common colors of Orthoclase are usually a beige-grey or light brown, but can also be found in white, pink, and various shades of red. This mineral was first discovered in 1801 by R.J. Hauy.
Which is the most common color of prehnite?
- Let’s start off by exploring the basics of the stone. Prehnite stones come in a wide variety of forms and colors. The most common (both in terms of discovery and discussion) is certainly the green prehnite. The shade of green can differ from pale green to lime green to yellow-green to basically any light shade of green you can imagine.
Which is the most common color of rhodonite?
- In massive form, Rhodonite is most often rose-pink to red with black dendritic veins or patches of manganese oxide running through it, though it can also be orange-red or brownish-red.
Which is the most common color of variscite?
- The color of variscite is green or various different shades of green, even mixed greens. The color can be blue green to yellow green and in some very rare cases red or violet. The color of variscite, as well as its appearance, can often be confused with turquoise…
Which is the most common color of wavellite?
- Wavellite is a rare phosphate mineral that crystallizes in the form of clusters, stalactites, skinny needle-like crystals, or as a spherical structure. The color most associated with this mineral is green to light green, but can also be found as white, yellow, blue, brown, black, and even colorless.
Which is the most common colour of musgravite?
- commonly with red, purple, blue, violet, grey or very dark colours. Taaffeite found as purplish grey, greenish grey, greyish blue, and dark stones to date. gemmological identification tests. Musgravite is one of rare gemstones that have been sought these years for the collection at GAAJ laboratory.
Which is the most common colour of sapphirine?
- Sapphirine from Madagascar. Typical colours range from light to dark sapphire blue, bluish to brownish green, green, and bluish or greenish gray to black; less common colours include yellow, pale red, and pink to purplish pink. Sapphirine is relatively hard (7.5 on Mohs scale), usually transparent to translucent, with a vitreous lustre.
Which is the most common element in actinolite?
- Most Visited Gemstones Chemical Formula Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2 Composition Basic calcium, magnesium, iron silicate Color Light to dark green; grayish green to bl ... Streak Colorless Hardness 5.5 - 6 16 more rows ...
Which is the most common form of prehnite?
- Prehnite forms in both odd and distinct formation habits. It most often occurs as rounded or bubbly crystal masses, and commonly forms odd-shaped epimorphs after Anhydrite, Glauberite, and Laumontite.
Which is the most common form of spodumene?
- Spodumene is a fairly prevalent mineral, but mostly dull and uninteresting in its most common forms. However, its two distinctly colored transparent varieties, Kunzite (pink) and Hiddenite (green) are very aesthetic and valued as gemstones.
Which is the most common habit of malachite?
- For additional information, see the gemstone section on Malachite. Light to dark green, sometimes banded with darker and lighter shades of green, and sometimes sparkling. Most common habit is as large crust s of microscopic crystals. Also occurs as bundles of thin long splinters.
Which is the most common name for titanite?
- The International Mineralogical Association Commission on New Minerals and Mineral Names (CNMMN) adopted the name titanite and "discredited" the name sphene as of 1982, although commonly papers and books initially identify the mineral using both names. Sphene was the most commonly used name until the IMA decision, although both were well known.
Which is the most common shade of prehnite?
- The most common (both in terms of discovery and discussion) is certainly the green prehnite. The shade of green can differ from pale green to lime green to yellow-green to basically any light shade of green you can imagine. However, you can also get colorless crystals as well as forms of blue, white, orange, and pink.
Which is the most common type of apatite?
- Most of the gemstones referred to as apatite are of the commonest variety, fluorapatite. Other gem-quality apatites include the aforementioned hydroxylapatite as well as carbonate-rich apatite, mimetite, moroxite, vanadinite, wilkeite, and the rare chlorapatite. Lazurapatite, a mixture of lapis lazuli and apatite, occurs in Siberia.
Which is the most common type of sphalerite?
- The Mineral sphalerite. An interesting variety of Sphalerite is known as Schalenblende. Schalenblende is banded variety associated with Wurtzite and often also Pyrite and Galena that forms strange concentric shapes. It is often polished into slab s or cross-sections which are very popular with collectors.
Which is the most common variety of pounamu?
- It is named after the clearness of the sky and is the rarest variety of pounamu. Kawakawa pounamu comes in many shades, often with flecks or inclusions, and is named after the leaves of the native kawakawa tree ( Macropiper excelsum ). It is the most common variety of pounamu. Tangiwai pounamu is clear like glass but in a wide range of shades.
Where did the xenotime group get its name?
- Xenotime Group. Name: Xenotime-(Y) was found by the Norwegian mineralogist Nils Otto Tank (1800-1864) and first described by the Swedish chemist Jøns Jacob Berzelius in 1824 as Phosphorsyrad Ytterjord from a granite pegmatite at Hidra, Flekkefjord, Norway. Later, Glocker (1831) introduced the name Ytterspath.
Which is the most common colour for lapis lazuli?
The abundant blue color comes from the sulfur that is fundamental in the lazurite structure. The most common and beautiful lapis lazuli consists of 25 to 40 percent lazurite. When the stone has a lot of white color, it means that it is classified as a cheaper calcite.
Which is the most common replacement phase for nepheline?
- Nepheline is the most common replacement phase, with minor amounts of sodalite, ilmenite, and monticellite (Brearley and Jones, 1998). Glenn B. Stracher, ... Danuta Kusy, in Coal and Peat Fires: A Global Perspective, 2019 Nepheline (Nph) crystal chemistry is, again, somewhat anomalous (Table 13.2.23 ).
Which is the most common shape of a diamond?
- Based on the cubic form and its highly symmetrical arrangement of atoms, diamond crystals can develop into several different shapes, known as 'crystal habits'. The most common crystal habit is the eight-sided octahedron or diamond shape.
Which is the most common type of tourmaline gem?
- Elbaite is the most common gem species, followed by schorl, dravite, and uvite. While rare, other species occasionally show up as gems as well. The properties of some species are so close that it is often difficult to make a distinction. For gemological purposes, it is sufficient to distinguish them all as tourmaline.
Is the xenotime group active in the middle east?
- XENOTIME operates globally, impacting regions far outside of the Middle East, their initial target. Intelligence suggests the group has been active since at least 2014 and is presently operating in multiple facilities targeting safety systems beyond Triconex. This group has no known associations to other activity groups.