Top best answers to the question «Which turquoise is most valuable»
The most valuable turquoise is an even medium blue, with no matrix and the ability to take a good polish.
The most-prized turquoise color is an even, intense, medium blue, sometimes referred to as robin's egg blue or sky blue in the trade. The traditional source for this color is the Nishapur district of Iran, so you'll also hear it described as “Persian blue,” whether or not it was actually mined in Iran.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Which turquoise is most valuable?» often ask the following questions:
✨ What turquoise is most valuable?
The most-prized turquoise color is an even, intense, medium blue, sometimes referred to as robin's egg blue or sky blue in the trade.
✨ Which is more valuable, turquoise or blue turquoise?
- The color.... this is determined by the collector, to say that one color is more valuable than others on todays market would be foolish. In the old days the deeper the blue (naturally), the betterQuality Turquoise you have, an Blue Turquoise was much more valuable.
✨ What is the most valuable turquoise color?
- The most valuable turquoise is an even medium blue, with no matrix and the ability to take a good polish. Turquoise is most often fashioned as a cabochon. The smoothly rounded dome shape sets off turquoise’s color, texture, and any matrix beautifully.
- What makes turquoise valuable?
- Which is more valuable green or blue turquoise?
- Which turquoise is most powerful?
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «Which turquoise is most valuable?» so you can surely find the answer!Is persian turquoise more valuable?
Is Persian turquoise more valuable? Fine-quality turquoise from a known origin like Iran or famous mines like Sleeping Beauty can command a small premium from collectors, but pricing is primarily based on quality, not geographic origin.Is turquoise a valuable gemstone?
- Turquoise. It is rare and valuable in finer grades and has been prized as a gemstone and ornamental stone for thousands of years owing to its unique hue. In recent times, turquoise has been devalued, like most other opaque gems, by the introduction onto the market of treatments, imitations and synthetics.
"Some mines produced tons of material over numbers of years — others, only a hundred or so pounds and for a very short period of time. Turquoise can be as soft as chalk or as hard as a 6 or 7 on MOH's scale — the harder and more intense colors tend to be more valuable.Which gem is the most valuable?
- Blue Diamond – $3.93 million per carat…
- Jadeite – $3 million per carat…
- Pink Diamond – $1.19 million per carat…
- Red Diamond – $1,000,000 per carat…
- Emerald – $305,000 per carat…
- Taaffeite – $35,000 per carat…
- Grandidierite – $20,000 per carat…
- Serendibite – $18,000 per carat.
- So it is more advisable to purchase valuable turquoise jewellery at a jeweller's. The best quality turquoises are of a pure, radiant sky blue, a colour which is highly esteemed with or without its fine, regular matrix.
- Blue Brazilian apatites and those with a “neon” blue-green color, similar to that of Paraíba tourmalines, command the highest prices. Rare, rich purple specimens from Maine are also highly prized.
The larger size makes South Sea pearls and black pearls the most valuable type of pearl. On Mikimoto's website, this strand of South Sea cultured pearls is selling for $32,000. The other notable difference between pearl types is the color.Which cut of diamond is most valuable?
How well it is cut determines a diamond's brilliance. It is the skill of the cutter that unlocks the natural beauty of a diamond, revealing all of its hidden fire and brilliance. Most diamonds are cut with a full 58 facets and it is important that these are cut to precise angles. A diamond that is cut well will reflect light from one facet to another and then back out through the top of the diamond. Only a well-cut diamond will really sparkle. When the term "cut" is mentioned, most consumers think of shape, but shape and cut are different. Diamonds are cut and fashioned in different shapes, including round brilliant, pear, oval, marquise, princess cut, emerald cut (rectangular), heart, and triangle. The most popular shape is the round brilliant. The other shapes are referred to as fancy-shapes. The value of every individual diamond is a combination of its colour, clarity, carat weight and cut.
- Medium light to medium pink, clean stones with custom cuts are the most valuable. Very light and included stones are on the lower end of the value spectrum. As morganite frequently occurs in larger crystals, there is no exponential increase in price with size.
- Hiddenite is pleochroic, which means that it displays different colors when seen at different angles. Therefore, a single piece of hiddenite can appear to be blue-green, emerald green or yellow-green. The most valuable hiddenite is an intense emerald green.
- Kornerupine is known to exhibit strong pleochroism, usually yellowish green to reddish brown colors, so depending on the angle from which it is viewed, it can exhibit different colors. Transparent to translucent greens and yellows are highly desirable. Emerald-green and blue stones are the most valuable.
- Pectolite Color. Pectolite may also occur white or colorless. Intense green to blue colors are most desirable. Green pectolite is sometimes traded as 'Larimar' since it's considered more valuable, but it should be blue to be marketed as 'Larimar'.
- When talking about Ruby, you hear descriptions like “pigeon’s blood red” to describe the deepest, most valuable colors and with Sapphire you hear “cornflower blue” to describe the finest Sapphire colors, generally from the ancient Kashmir deposit. Tanzanite is no different and color plays a large part in any grading exercise.
- The most valuable of topaz stones are yellow-orange color and they are called Imperial Topaz. The value of the topaz is increased by the darker orange and reddish pigments. Pure Topaz is transparent and almost completely clear, all of the stones change in appearance once placed through CVD.
- Blue topaz can be found in both lighter and darker tones, usually known in the trade as sky blue topaz, Swiss blue topaz and London blue topaz. As in the case of other blue gems, the more saturated blues tend to have a higher value. So in topaz it is the London blue that usually regarded as the most valuable.
- The most expensive and valuable form of Tourmaline is the rare neon-blue form known by the trade name Paraiba Tourmaline. Paraiba Tourmaline was first discovered in a gem pegmatite in the Brazilian state of Paraiba in 1989.
- Persian and Afghan stones are more valuable (due to their medium and uniform dark blue color and the absence of pyrite and calcite impurities) as compared to lapis lazuli from Russia and Serbia. The least valuable lapis comes from Chile as these stones often contain large calcite matrix.
- In addition, organic materials that are not minerals, such as amber or pearl are also often considered to be gemstones as well. The rarest and most valuable of all are diamond, emerald (green beryl), sapphire (blue corundum) and ruby (red corundum). Opal is the national gemstone of Australia.
- Translucency is the first priority in grading Sugilite, with pure "gel" (without cracks) being the most valuable. Secondly, Sugilite grows with a variety of other minerals, some of which add value, and some of which take away. Manganese is almost always present with Sugilite rough.
- The vast majority of all black Opal gemstones originate in Australia – NSW specifically. Of all the varieties, this gemstone is the most valuable. The color variations of black Opal include various shades of grey to pitch black. But there are many different tones, shades, hues and colors that are contained within black Opals.
- The latter are the most valuable as well. Each Tahitian black pearl has a different rich black hue depending on the oyster and the specific factors influencing the farming process. The nacre of a black Tahitian pearl is also a determining factor in how rich the color is.
- Mined in the Changbai province of China, this variety is considered to be the most valuable, and of the finest quality. The gem is a brightly colored green and makes a beautiful addition to many pieces of jewelry. 5. Vietnamese Peridot
- Yemeni Aqeeq Rings are most valuable jewellery for some people who knows benefits of Aqeeq. In this article we will inform you about preparation steps of Yemeni Aqeeq Rings and also show you our collection from Boutique Ottoman Exclusive Shop.
- Natural Morganite is gem material that was formed within the Earth by natural processes. It is the most valuable type of morganite and is highly preferred by many buyers. Some people think that natural gems are the only type of gems that they are willing to own and wear.
- Cultured South Sea Pearls are the most valuable type of cultured pearl on the market today. These pearls come in a gorgeous variety of sizes, shapes and colors. A strand of South Sea pearls featuring large gems can be as expensive as $100,000 or more. What is the difference between a cultured pearl and a natural pearl?